in thoughts...

Monday, October 27, 2003

Huggies...

I kept thinking about the word 'hug' today... must be because was primed by ZS's blog which I read early in the morning at AS7 Comp Cluster before my lecture... haha...
He wrote about Woman being created from the bone of man, taken from the chest of Man, to be hugged, protected and loved...
Lovely quote... It gave this nice tingling sensation when I read it... Think it's a Christian thing, about Eve being created from the rib of Adam, if I remember correctly...
Just happened that I brought my new fleece jacket to school today... It's very nice and thick... and just a wee bit big for me... So when I wore it for the first time today, had the feeling of being hugged... haha... yah man, hugged by my jacket... sounds stupid, but it really feels super comfortable, especially in the cold cold cold LT 9...
Then later after class, talking to A and SY... suddenly asked them, if they could choose, would they want the first intimate gesture from the guy they like to be a hug or a kiss... dunno why I would think of this question but yah, just asked them... Both of them replied that they would want a hug... hehe... found it quite amusing, cos that's how I feel too... Hugs are such feel-good gestures...

My favourite reel-life (movie) hug of all time:
From the Chinese movie, 心动
(I think, the one starring Gigi Leung and Takeshi, No, not Turn Left Turn Right... quite long ago one...)
It was quite cold weather, both of them wearing jackets, Takeshi sitting on a railing kind of thing, so he's like "taller" than Gigi. So Gigi buries her face in his chest, and he uses his jacket to "wrap" her inside the jacket... while she wraps her arms around his waist... Such a lovely hug... It was the one scene that made their acting as a couple seem very very real...
posted by Sodium-squared at 10/27/2003 10:11:00 PM

<< Home