in thoughts...

Monday, October 13, 2003

Oooooooooh.... That's soooooooooo (fill in the blank)........

haha... was trying to show some "gushing" up there in the title... Don't know if anyone caught the drift...

A guy friend was commenting that day how it's irritating the way girls gush over everything: animals, things, guys... This comment came about because a friend P was showing us a picture of a super cute cat... Anyone who knows me knows that I'm nuts about cats... haha... so of course I couldn't help saying, "Ooooohhh, soooooo cute!!" Well, I wasn't the only one gushing over the cat ok, if you're thinking "That's so Joanna..."

My friend Db replied the guy friend that hey, guys gush over girls too, just that they don't do it openly...

Thinking about this idea of gushing over stuff... I admire people who gush over important stuff though... not over guys, girls, cats, dogs, cool gadgets... I've a friend who's really passionate about art and literature, so everytime she updates me about something she's interested in at the moment, I'm always captivated by her "gushing".... It's a reflection of her passion in the subject... And even though I may not have the slightest idea what's she telling me, I'll be interested to find out...

I like to know people who are passionate about what they do... they kinda give me hope that one day I'll find a job I like, a job I can be passionate about everyday... a job that gives me intrinsic satisfaction... Maybe it doesn't have to be a job... maybe it's a hobby, maybe it's a type of music... I don't know... haven't found my passion yet... thought I found something in volunteer work, but now I've lost it, don't know whether it still works for me... Sometimes it can be very draining... probably because of the emotions invested in it...

But it's really great how some people can have so much passion in something that they have enough to share it with you... it's like the happiness spills over and they want to give it to someone else to have a bit too... passionate enough about something to be so involved in it, yet not so obsessed or self-contained that they shut out the rest of the world...
posted by Sodium-squared at 10/13/2003 09:29:00 PM

<< Home