in thoughts...

Saturday, December 13, 2003

All that Talk about Death...

It was weird... that day went for SWAPS main com meeting, during meeting we mentioned something about funerals, but as a joke lah... the safety vehicle as the car that holds the coffin (forgot what that's called... sorry)... then during the MRT trip back we, or rather Gardenia was talking about how she wanted her tombstone to be like... still got her "head" popping out to pronounce her name properly one... haha... I did think about this... when I die I wanna get cremated and actually I would want my ashes thrown over the sea, but that seems like water pollution... haha...never mind...

Then that day after Thu meeting, the few of us sat down and talked about death again... haha... we were thinking about holding "living" funerals - holding funerals while we're still alive, if let's say we know when we are gonna die... so that we know what people have to say to us... rather than lying there dead, and people coming round to say stuff that you probably won't get to hear anyway... and Gardenia was saying she thought about faking death, then seeing who will come for her funeral, and what they'll say... interesting thought, but i think if it gets known that I faked my death, I'll hurt those closest to me and piss off those not so close to me, so in the end my real funeral no one will come... haha...

Then we talked about the best way to die... came to an agreement that it'll be carbon monoxide... though I envied my maternal great grandma for going away peacefully in her sleep after what seems like a very satisfying life... reminded me of how in Upper secondary we had to discuss controversial issues for English composition, and I'd openly support Euthanasia... Mrs A will be very amused... she always said I was a "banana" - yah yah, laugh lah... she meant on the outside I look Asian but my thinking very Western... dunno lah... I know sometimes allowing euthanasia may mean that people will try to abuse the system... but I really don't look forward to lying on the bed, relying on a bloody machine to sustain my life... but Mrs A asked me, what if it's your loved ones in that situation... and I told her I'll keep them on life support as long as there's hope for them to recover... that was in Sec 3 or 4... I'm not sure if my stand is still the same... I suppose if my mom told me she'll prefer that I let her go, rather than sustain her life by a machine, I'll let her...

we talked about the game in Absolut when we were supposed to write 10 things about ourselves... and SM was saying that what we write will be totally different if we only had 2 more months to live... I wonder what I'll write about myself if I only had 2 more months to live... It'll be very different... as I was telling them, when we write the 10 things now, we can still write about things we wish to become in future, but with only 2 months, you'll be trying to sum up your life... what you've been... and what can I say about myself and who I've been? It's not easy... suddenly every item carries such weight... should I have one item saying I'm a good daughter? Have I been one? One item saying I'm optimistic? Was I?

Some things to think about... ;)
posted by Sodium-squared at 12/13/2003 12:08:00 PM

<< Home