in thoughts...

Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Friendship Day/Valentine's Day coming up... hmm...

I think I'm getting very lazy... din do my x'mas cards for friends, and now I'm starting to think I won't have time/energy to do my Friendship day gifts either... especially after that day when we set up booth at SWAPS table, and I saw this other society selling stuff that basically is the idea I had for friendship day gift... damn... but I bought the stuff already... argh... or I could try and eat all that by myself and die of diabetes or lose all my teeth... Ha..

just read this person's blog (a link from someone's blog), and there's this thought about wanting and liking someone because that person has got some trait or characteristic that you want in yourself... interesting... yeah well, I suppose that works sometimes... hoping that some of that characteristic or trait will rub off on yourself? or is it wanting something you don't have? opposites (in that one aspect) attracts?

***
A guy friend forwarded this mail, I'm also including his comments at the top, in blue italic, the actual mail in green, and my own comments at the bottom...

***
someone sent me this... and i found it kind of amusingly irritating.

in the first place, i don't think i should be sending this out to all of
you. cos a line at the bottom states "Send this (e-mail) to every woman
who's worth a lot." don't think this clause really covers the girls on
my mailing list right... :) haha kidding lah.

or am i?

seriously, i think it is only fair to ask for what you deserve; so if
you cannot give as much as what you want, then don't expect any more
back in return.

cos it is true that a lot of men cannot really cannot make it. but
sometimes i feel that girls ask for a lot? like, hello, please look in
the mirror first.

well, i could be wrong. but i don't think anyone would bother to correct
me if i am, so too bad.

*snort*

read on and decide.

==

In a brief conversation, a man asked a woman he was pursuing the
question: "What kind of man are you looking for?"

She sat quietly for a moment before looking him in the eye and
asking, "Do you really want to know?"

Reluctantly, he said "Yes." She began to expound...

"As a woman in this day and age, I am in a position to ask a man what he
can do for me that I can't do for myself. I pay my own bills. I take
care of my household without the help of any man...or woman for that
matter. I am in the position to ask, "What can you bring to the table?"


The man looked at her. Clearly he thought that she was referring to
money.

She quickly corrected his thought and stated, "I am not referring to
money. I need something more. I need a man who is striving for
perfection in every aspect of life."

He sat back in his chair, folded his arms, and asked her to explain.

She said, "I am looking for someone who is striving for perfection
mentally because I need conversation and mental stimulation. I don't
need a simple-minded man. I am looking for someone who is striving for
perfection spiritually because I don't need to be unequally yoked...
believers mixed with unbelievers is a recipe for disaster. I need a man
who is striving for perfection financially because I don't need a
financial burden. I am looking for someone who is sensitive enough to
understand what I go through as a woman, but strong enough to keep me
grounded. I am looking for someone who I can respect. In order to be
submissive, I must respect him. I cannot be submissive to a man who
isn't taking care of his business. I have no problem being submissive...
he just has to be worthy. God made woman to be a help mate for man. I
can't help a man if he can't help himself."

When she finished her spiel, she looked at him. He sat there with a
puzzled look on his face. He said, "You are asking a lot."

She replied, "I'm worth a lot."

Send this to every woman who's worth a lot.

To a certain degree, I do believe that this is what women of today are
looking for - both the EQ & the SEQ (Spiritual EQ), while many
men still think that women need them to provide financially. We
don't, because if all else fails, we can provide for ourselves;
but we need a companion, ie: a person who shares in our
work, pleasures, or misfortunes, etc(Oxford Dict). So guys,
gotta have a paradigm shift!!


***
Honestly? I think the woman in the mail sounds like quite a b*tch.. Okie, mayb that's too harsh...but i don't like the way she puts her words across... Especially in the first part... don't think it should be this way... but too tired to write more on this... bleargh...
posted by Sodium-squared at 2/10/2004 12:21:00 PM

<< Home