in thoughts...

Monday, July 24, 2006

din take a lot of pictures during farewell with my camera
the whole night felt like any other gathering
meeting up to catch up
watching some past videos for a trip down memory lane
seemed pretty much all right
ribbon ceremony was not emotional, probably because of time press
but i almost felt like crying when audrey was talking and when i saw her eyes redden
it's contagious i swear
it was just that moment
so somehow it didn't feel like it's ended
and in a way i'm glad too
because swaps will not end for me
like kee min said, swaps is a state of mind
once you've been "swappie-fied"
you can't go back
i can't imagine uni life without swaps
without it, my uni life was nothing
to me, an act means nothing without intention
and last sat, my intention was not to close swaps from my life (cos i can't and i won't)
going through ribbon ceremony did not, in any way, signify an end
it was just cataloging one part of the journey that we're going through

if anything, i have been amazed by what swaps has given me
(this is starting to sound like a religion, and i'm like sharing testimony)
talking to xiaotian has brought me new hope
if there is a reason why i love swaps so much
it's because of the people
to find resonance in others, to realize similar dreams and hopes
to identify common "setbacks", to encourage one another
i don't think swaps has ended
it will come back in different shapes, sizes, forms and guises.
wait for us.

one for swaps;
all for swaps.
posted by Sodium-squared at 7/24/2006 11:32:00 AM

<< Home