in thoughts...

Thursday, June 19, 2003

Trial Run for camp... tired... =)

Had the trial run for some of the camp games today... quite fun... didn't get really really wet, though that might have been fun too... Just had a camper asking me what's so fun about wet activities and why all camps must have them... never really thought about that... was I just following instructions blindly and not considering if I enjoyed the activities? I'm not sure, but I think I found getting soaked with water rather fun, in a way... I answered this camper by saying that camps are tremendously great opportunities for adults to behave like kids (people our age are adults already I suppose... most have the digit '2' as the first digit of their age... ) And I really feel so... In camps, it doesn't matter what you do, how silly or childish you look because it's all in the name of fun...

"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."

Today we played captain's ball... supposed to have played it partly in the sea water, but we didn't because the water looked really dirty... someone spotted a used condom floating around as the tide came up to our knees... we were all rather put off and moved back to the shore to play... Haven't played captain's ball competitively since Secondary Two... we played semi-competitively today... Developed a slight fear of not catching the ball and getting hit in the face since I don't know when... Had a few pairs of specs knocked crooked... haha... but today was good... maybe I didn't feel that the other people were so violent.. managed to have fun...

feel happily tired today... not dead beat... just happily tired...

posted by Sodium-squared at 6/19/2003 07:34:00 PM

<< Home